Tuesday, September 20, 2016

W.W.D.

I was doing some reluctant housecleaning the other day and I came across this...a photocopied image of a drawing. At first I wondered, "What is this? Who drew this?" As I studied it, it occurred to me that I had drawn it! I wondered why I had drawn it and, again, who was this person? I don't know where the original drawing is. It did dimly occur to me who this was and why I drawn this picture. It had nothing to do with who this man was...he was John Fairchild, long-time and now-deceased editor of prominent fashion magazine WOMEN'S WEAR DAILY. I recall I had come upon a photograph of John Fairchild in magazine article about him and I thought the photograph was quite dramatic and would present a good opportunity to practice drawing a portrait.The drawing is no masterpiece, but coming upon it unexpectedly, having totally forgotten it, I am pleased with how it turned out. I'm thinking now I should get back to work practicing my drawing of faces!

No comments:

Post a Comment