Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Dad 'n Bro


These are quick profile portraits of my father and brother, respectively. I sketched my dad as he napped in his chair. As drawing paper, I used the weekly bulletin of the church we attended when I was growing up, (and where my father continued as a Lay Reader until just before he died). I sketched my brother in a sketchbook as I sat at one end of the couch and he sat at the other, somewhat in repose, watching television. He was covered by a blanket as, even though this was Florida, it was December and quite chilly out, and the heater in our parents' house was not working. I remember thinking I couldn't wait to get back north where I could be warm! (They did get the heater fixed, but not before my brother and I left our Christmas visits home to head back to California and New York, respectively).

No comments:

Post a Comment